A Quick Guide To Making Great Real Estate Decisions!
Surrey BC is a beautiful city, perfect for walks, adventures and park picnics. There is an activity to experience at every turn in Surrey. Whether you want to buy or sell Surrey real estate, we are glad to tell you that Surrey has some amazing opportunities for businesses and families alike.
When it comes to real estate, one thing you absolutely can’t do without is accurate information. You need to find out if the price is right, is the description of the property correct and whether it is still available or not!
Why Use MLS to Sell/Buy Property in Surrey
A multiple listing service is an assortment of private databases used by Realtors who agree to share their listing agreements with one another to locate enthusiastic and able buyers for properties more swiftly than they could on their own.
As a seller, MLS can help you expose your home to many prospective buyers you would otherwise never reach. As a buyer, you have the benefit of immediate access to listings that match particular criteria, specified by you, such as price and location. If you want to see homes with a huge backyard, a garage or maybe a lake view, MLS can give you suitable results in no time. Many MLS sites can also let you know how much you should expect to shell out in taxes, mortgage payments, and utilities on a property. This service is great for everyone associated with real estate transactions. It has saved time and legwork in sorting through the millions of properties for buyers, sellers as well as their agents.
MLS also contain data for previously sold or expired listings but this part can only be accessed by a licensed Realtor. So general public should pick the best Realtor to help them sell/buy property as only they can help them access and utilize these data to determine the true value of a property. As a part of the general public, you only have access to active listings.
MLS listings are used by professionals to list and trade real estate. This is where you should start your search for the right buyer or seller for your property. Utilize MLS surrey listings will help you make the right decision based on accurate information that can’t be found anywhere else.
The Importance of Market Statistics
A Realtor can provide you with detailed information on a particular property by utilizing the MLS data. But you need more than property-specific information to make the right decision. You will also have to study the general market trends for the particular city that the home is situated in.
When you enter your info in the opt-in box to the right you get a custom created Vancouver Housing Market Report that is updated with the region’s latest Market Statistics.
The Market Statistics can tell you what the absorption rate is in your target market. This is actually a measure of how many months it takes to sell all active listings. It is based on the number of sales in a month. So, let’s say that there are 1000 active listings this month, and only 200 properties are sold, than the absorption rate is 20%, therefore it will take up to 5 months to deplete all inventory in a listing. General guideline of 6 months is considered a balanced market between buyer and seller.
A study of market Statistics also lets you know the price range of the most sales in any given month along with the area where most of these sales took place. Also expect to find out historic data among other factors that will help influence your decisions regarding the market trend.
If you aren’t really sure about the right time to buy or sell Surrey real estate, our Housing Market Report will help you arrive at the right decision. When used in combination with the MLS listings, the report will lead to a better understanding of the market and the prevalent environment. It can help you better understand if a property is under priced or over priced when you examine similar properties on offer in the same area and in other places as well.
The Importance of Finding a Good Realtor
A good Realtor will place your interests on top and should have as much interest in selling the propertyas you do.
Our Realtor list will provide you with the best Realtors who are experts in your specified location and know the ins and outs of the local market. Once you have provided us with your info, we will deliver the list straight to your inbox.
Here are a few guidelines to consider when deciding on a Realtor:
- Find out the Realtor’s sold to listing ratio. If the ratio is low then it doesn’t matter how many properties they have sold, you will be better off working with someone with a high sold to listing ratio.
- A truly good Realtor will personally show your property to every single prospect. Remember many incompetent ones rely on an assistant to show and only show up when a high possibility buyer comes along. Every potential buyer walks in your door is valuable, and your Realtor should personally sell to every single one of them, this is why you pay the Realtor a lot of commission to sell your property right?
- A good Realtor will only take on a handful of properties at a time and is your best bet for getting the job done.Don’t expect a Realtor with 20 listings on hand will pay too much attention to your property.
- Realtor with access to handymen/contractors is valuable. They will be able to fix the minor issues with a home before selling it. They may even be able to perform minor upgrades to a cheap property, making it your ideal home to live in.
- Look for a Realtor who is willing to take a cut to their commission if they are unable to sell your property at the original agreed listing price. This way you can make sure they are giving you a realistic listing price and have every bit of an interest in selling it quickly.